- Director: Terence Young
- Based on the novels by Ian Fleming
- Cast: Sean Connery, Claudine Auger, Adolfo Celi, Bernard Lee, Eunice Gayson, Lois Maxwell
- Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in:
- Sean Connery – The Rock, First Knight, Murder on the Orient Express, Goldfinger, Marnie, Dr. No, From Russia with Love, The Longest Day and others of the early Bond films but I’m not sure which ones
- The others: in various old films and TV series
- Why? Curious. Hal and I saw several Bond films in a Bond festival in the early 70’s and enjoyed them. Sean Connery is the only Bond we have ever seen. Friends have said later actors have been good too. And with Judi Dench they can’t be all bad. So we bought the box...
- Seen: Once previously, maybe? I really don’t remember. December 5, 2014.
Very military, very hi-tech. I have no idea what’s going on but then I snoozed through the beginning. “Handle like eggs”??? Printed on an atomic bomb? I must be dreaming.
It seems James Bond has just got himself dead. Oh, the white cat is back. And there’s James, alive again. Guess the dead body was someone else.
Car chase. Pretty black car and cute Vespa – all gone. Explosion. Bang bang. Sexy long-haired cutie.
Oh, a plot! Atomic bombs kidnapped by blackmailers!
There is an awfully lot of killing in this one. When it’s not boring or ridiculous it’s unpleasant.
Am I really going to spend my next fifteen or so Fridays watching this stuff?
Because the fish and bubbles are pretty -
½ * of 5