- Director: Lewis Gilbert
- Based on the novels by Ian Fleming
- Cast: Roger Moore, Lois Chiles, Michael Lonsdale, Richard Kiel, Corinne Cléry, Bernard Lee, Lois Maxwell
- Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in:
- Roger Moore – The Saint
- Lois Chiles – Broadcast News, The Way We Were
- Why? Curious. Hal and I saw several Bond films in a Bond festival in the early 70’s and enjoyed them. Sean Connery is the only Bond we have ever seen. Friends have said later actors have been good too. And with Judi Dench they can’t be all bad. So we bought the box...
- Seen: January 24, 2015
The title is familiar but I thought it was an old Hayley Mills film. How wrong one can be.
What’s a moonraker anyway?
Unlike all the others this one starts out so bad I just want to go back to sleep. Admittedly I’m very bad humoured today so maybe it’s not fair for me to judge. I don’t think I’ll even write a review, just give a rating.
But really, this is so bad. If I had wanted Star Wars I would have watched Star Wars. Not even Shirley Bassey’s song can help. It’s the worst of the lot so far, with nothing whatever to like. In fact, it’s not only the worst James Bond film so far, it’s one of the worst films I’ve ever seen.
Right. Bad humoured. So in the spirit of charitability, for Roger Moore’s pretty blue eyes:
½ * of 5