Fright Night 2011
- Director: Craig Gillespie
- Based on story by Tom Holland
- Cast: David Tennant, Toni Collette, Anton Yelchin, Colin Farrell, Imogen Poots, Christopher Minta-Plasse
- Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in:
- David Tennant – Dr Who ( just short cuts), Hamlet, Extras
- Toni Collette – Little Miss Sunshine, In Her Shoes, Hotel Splendide, The Hours, About a Boy, Changing Lanes, The Sixth Sense, Velvet Goldmine, Muriel’s Wedding
- Colin Farrell – The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, In Bruges, Daredevil
- Imogen Poots – 28 weeks later, V for Vendetta
- Why? David Tennant, one of the best Hamlets
- Seen: April 10, 2015
After many Friday evenings with James Bond we find, having now completed the box, that we have to actually make a decision on what to watch.
For no special reason, this is our choice. I wonder what it’s about. It’s described as entertaining and scary. Scary movies are not actually our thing but David Tennant is. Oh wow, Toni Collette is in it too. 5 * already.
Oh no, American high school. The rating plummet towards minus a few *.
Colin Farrell is a vampire? Up a star or two.
One geeky teen-ager is seriously angry because his friend accuses him of reading Twilight. Another half a star, at least.
David Tennant – a vampire slayer! A sexy, foul-mouthed and vulgar one. Another two or so stars.
The stars add up on this one. It’s funny and scary and entertaining as promised. Colin Farrell, Toni Collette and especially David Tennant do what they’re so good at. It’s not In Bruges or Hotel Splendide or Hamlet. But it’s great fun.
3 ½ * of 5