World War Z 2013
- Director: Marc Forster
- Based on novel: no
- Cast: Brad Pitt, Mirielle Enos, Daniella Kertez, Peter Capaldi, Fana Mokoena, Moritz Bleibtreu, Ruth Negga, David Morse
- Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in
- Brad Pitt – The Tree of Life, Inglourious Basterds, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Burn After Reading, Babel, Troy, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, Fight Club, Being John Malkovich, Meet Joe Black, Twelve Monkeys, Seven, True Romance, Thelma and Louise
- Peter Capaldi – Dr Who (here he plays a W.H.O. doctor, haha), Modigliani, Shooting Fish, Smilla’s Sense of Snow, Dangerous Liaisons, Local Heros
- Fana Mokoena – Hotel Rwanda
- Moritz Bleibtrue – Les femmes de l’ombre, Lola rennt
- David Morse – Dancer in the Dark, The Green Mile, Contact, The Long Kiss Goodnight, The Rock, Homicide Life on the Streets, The Indian Runner, Twelve Monkeys
- Why? Brad Pitt. Sci fi.
- Seen: 17 October 2015
Virus. Frenzied animals. Ordinary family life. Martial law. This doesn’t bode well.
It gets exciting immediately. NYC has gone mad. Brad Pitt flees with his wife and daughters as the city explodes and people turn into zombies.
It’s global and everything falls apart fast. The chase for a solution starts. And that’s just the beginning.
The pace is relentless and maybe it’s not realistic (maybe it is) but it’s convincing and it doesn’t give us a chance to think about it. Those zombies are scary.
This is the most suspenseful film I’ve seen for a long time. And the best thing – there are no villains. There are a lot of good people trying to deal with a crisis. Even the zombies aren’t villains, they’re victims.
4 * of 5