The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- Director: Stephen Chbosky
- Based on the novel by Stephen Chbosky
- Cast: Logan Lerman, Emma Watson, Ezra Miller, Dylan McDermott, Kate Walsh, Nina Dobrev, Nicholas Braun, Tom Savini, Paul Rudd, Mae Whitman, Joan Cusack
- Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in
- Logan Lerman – Riding in Cars with Boys
- Emma Watson – the Harry Potter films, My Week with Marilyn
- Ezra Miller – nothing, but I hope to see more
- Kate Walsh – Fargo, Under the Tuscan Sun, The Norm Show
- Paul Rudd – Veronica Mars, The Cider House Rules, Romeo and Juliet, Clueless
- Mae Whitman – Scott Pilgrim vs the World, Independence Day
- Joan Cusack – School of Rock, High Fidelity, Runaway Bride, Cradle Will Rock, Corrina Corrina, Working Girl, Stars and Bars
- Why? Emma Watson
- Seen: 20 december 2015.
Another high school film with football and homecoming and bourgeois families and pick-up trucks. But also secret homosexuality, bulimia, suicide, mental illness and sexual abuse.
It’s a very sad movie. The kids whose lives are such a mess, especially the three leads Emma Watson, Ezra Miller and Logan Lerman, are terrific.
Don’t let the cute title and sweet DVD box photo fool you. It’s a very good movie. The music is good too.
4 * of 5