Like Crazy 2011
- Director: Drake Doremus
- Based on book: no
- Cast: Felicity Jones, Anton Yelchin, Jennifer Lawrence, Alex Kingston, Finola Hughes
- Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in:
- Felicity Jones – The Theory of Everything, The Tempest, Brideshead Revisited
- Anton Yelchin – Fright Night, Terminator: Salvation
- Jennifer Lawrence - The Hunger Games, Winters Bone
- Alex Kingston – Lost in Austen, Croupier, Crocodile Shoes
- Finola Hughes – I recognise her but I don’t know from where
- Why? Jennifer Lawrence, good reviews
- Seen: 22 May 2016
It’s very romantic. Two young people fall in love. She is from England, he is a native of LA where they meet in college. Alas, they must part. Visa issues. But that’s too tragic so she decides to defy the visa laws and stays. Oops, bad decision. When she goes back to England and then tries to return to the US they won’t let her in.
Can love survive the separation?
That’s what the film is about. You know how it is when you have friends who are newly in love and they’re all absorbed in each other and you wish they’d get past that stage so that they can be normal and interesting again? That’s sort of how I feel watching this. It’s well acted and there are a few strong moments but it’s really hard to care. Jennifer Lawrence deserves much better, as do they all.
2 ½ * of 5