Director: Daniel Barnes
Based on book: by no
Cast: Jennifer Aniston, Adriana Barraza, Anna Kendrick, Sam Worthington, William H. Macy
Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in:
- Jennifer Aniston – He’s Just Not That into You, Rumor Has It, Derailed, Friends, Bruce the Almighty, The Good Girl
- Adriana Barraza – Thor, Babel
- Anna Kendrick – Into the Woods, Pitch Perfect, Scott Pilgrim vs the World
- Sam Worthington – Termination Salvation, Macbeth
- William H. Macy – State and Main, Pleasantville, Fargo, The Client, Benny and Joon
Why? Jennifer Anniston. Low price.
Seen: 11 June 2016
Claire is rich with a fancy L.A. house and a loyal maid, Silvana. But her friend Nina has committed suicide and Claire is in constant and severe pain from a car accident in which her son was killed (we learn eventually). She is angry. Her husband has left her. Her dead friend Nina comes back to taunt her for not committing suicide herself. She’s mean to everyone and manipulates her doctor to get more pills.
Where is this movie going?
Well, she forms a kind of friendship with Nina’s husband. His anger is as deep as hers. Nina continues to haunt her and taunt her. She tries to kick her addiction to the painkillers.
So it goes.
Anniston is terrific and William H. Macy makes a good appearance but the whole thing is just too…something. It’s very good and well done and it leaves me cold. I don’t like it.
2 ½ * of 5
PS Hal gave it 3 ½