- Director: Jan de Bont
- Based on book: no
- Cast: Keanu Reeves, Sandra Bullock, Dennis Hopper, Jeff Daniels, Joe Morton, Glenn Plummer, Hawthorne James, Carlos Carrasco
- Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in:
- Keanu Reeves – The Private Lives of Pippa Lee, The Day the Earth Stood Still, The House by the Lake, A Scanner Darkly, The Matrix Trilogy, Sweet November, The Gift, Feeling Minnesota, A Walk in the Clouds, Johnny Mnomic, Much Ado About Nothing, Dracula, My Own Private Idaho, Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure, Dangerous Liaisons
- Sandra Bullock – Gravity, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, The House by the Lake, Crash, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, Twenty-Eight Days, Practical Magic, While You Were Sleeping
- Dennis Hopper – Swing Vote, The Night We Called It a Day, EDtv, True Romance, Red Rock West, The Indian Runner, Rumble Fish, Apocalypse Now, Easy Rider
- Jeff Daniels – Good Night and Good Luck, The Squid and the Whale, The Hours, Pleasantville, Terms of Endearment, Ragtime
- Joe Morton – X Files, The Astronaut’s Wife, Homicide Life on the Streets, Crossroads
- Glenn Plummer – Day after Tomorrow, Strange Days, Frankie & Johnny
- Hawthorne James – Roswell, Hill Street Blues, Amistad, The Doors, The Colour Purple
- Carlos Carrasco – Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
- Why? Good film
- Seen: Two or three times previously. Now 28 May 2017
If memory serves me correctly, this film introduced us to Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. We’ve been fans ever since.
In the first minute we meet Dennis Hopper, a terrorist demanding $3 mil to release people he’s got trapped in an elevator. Jack (Reeves) to the rescue with partner Harry (Daniels).
Twenty-two minutes of nail-biting suspense. And that’s before the bus.
The bus. Dennis Hopper has rigged it so that if the bus goes slower than 50 mph the bomb will explode. No nails left to bite, I move to my knuckles.
It’s really just one long car chase and completely unbelievable and I hate car chase movies. But Reeves and Bullock are so appealing and it’s just so exciting that I forgive it.
3 * of 5