What If? 2013
- Director: Michael Dawse
- Based on the play by T.J. Dawe
- Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Zoe Kazan, Adam Driver, Megan Park, Mackenzie Davis, Rafe Spall
- Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in:
- Daniel Radcliffe – The Woman in Black, Harry Potter 1-7, December Boys, Extras, David Copperfield
- Zoe Kazan – The Private Lives of Pippa Lee
- Adam Driver – Star Wars the Force Awakens, Tracks, Inside Llewyn Davis
- Rafe Spall – The World’s End, Life of Pi, Prometheus, Hot Fuzz, A Good Year, Shaun of the Dead
- Why? Daniel Radcliffe
- Seen: 4 June 2017
Sometimes we need something lightweight. I’m usually not interested in romantic comedies but one half of the couple is Daniel Radcliffe after all.
Wallace has been heartbroken and isolated for more than a year and lives with his sister and a little nephew. Chantry is an animator and has a boyfriend. Wallace and Chantry meet at a party neither is enjoying and they connect.
Chantry and her boyfriend really love each other and have been together for five years. Wallace is not over Megan. So Chantry and Wallace are just friends. They can be just friends, right?
Well, what do you think?
It’s very talky and they talk so fast it’s hard to keep up at times. But it’s quite funny with sharp non-mushy dialogue. Predictable but surprisingly likeable.
Or maybe not so surprisingly. It is Daniel Radcliffe after all.
3 ½ * of 5