- Director: Luc Besson
- Based on the book: no
- Cast: Scarlett Johansson, Morgan Freeman, Amr Waked, Julian Rhind-Tutt
- Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in:
- Scarlett Johansson – He’s Just Not That into You, The Other Boleyn Girl, The Prestige, The Island, A Love Song for Bobby Long, Girl with the Pearl Earring, The Man Who Wasn’t There, Manny & Lo
- Morgan Freeman – Transcendence, Oblivion, The Dark Knight Rises, Invictus, The Dark Knight, Wanted, Gong Baby Gone, Batman Begins, Million Dollar Baby, Bruce the Almighty, Levity, Nurse Betty, Amistad, Moll Flanders, Seven, The Shawshank Redemption, Robin Hood, Driving Miss Daisy, and others
- Amr Waked – Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, Contagion
- Why? Scarlett Johansson, Morgan Freeman, Luc Besson
- Seen: 25 May 2018
Lucy (Johansson), a hard-partying student, is forced into the nightmare situation of being kidnapped into a smuggling ring. A bag of super-meth is operated into her body. When beaten by sadistic guards the bag leaks and the drug seeps into her body, increasing her brain’s capacity.
Meanwhile Professor Norman (Freeman) lectures, with sensational nature films, on the evolution of human brain capacity. A student asks, ‘What if humans could use 100% of their brain?’ Professor Norman: ‘I have no idea.’
Super power, super violent Lucy escapes and stalks the world, feeling and remembering everything. Everything. And controls…. everything. She knows this is going to kill her, probably within the next twenty-four hours. She meets up with the professor and the action starts.
The car chase, the silly vampy high heels and the violence all add up to minus one star but it’s an interesting concept with handsomely visual filming. Johansson and Freeman are always good, and it definitely has the Besson feel.
4 * of 5