Fantastic Four 2015
- Director: Josh Trank
- Based on the Marvel comic book
- Cast: Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Jamie Bell, Michael B Jordan, Toby Kebbell, Reg E Cathey
- Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in
- Jamie Bell – Filth, Snowpiercer, Jane Eyre, The Eagle, Defiance, Jumper, Hallam Foe, King Kong, Dear Wendy, Undertow, Billy Elliot
- Reg E Cathey – The Wire, What About Bob, Born on the Fourth of July
- Why? We need serious intellectual films now and then. And, oh yeah, Billy Elliot is in it
- Seen: 20 April 2018
Two nerdy boys, Reed (Teller) and Ben (Bell), are inventing a teleporter. Reed is recruited to an elite science school and Ben returns to his family’s junkyard. Together with fellow geniuses Sue, Victor and Johnny, Reed builds a real teleporter.
Oh, the film just lost some points. When the guys, Ben included, decide to send themselves to the other dimension, Sue is left behind. Why?! It just turned into a totally boy movie.
Still, when they get superpowers from the other dimension, Sue inexplicably gets them too. The superpower kids are coerced into working for the military. The kids want a cure, the military doesn’t.
If this isn’t the silliest movie I’ve seen it’s in the top – or should I say bottom – ten or so.
But it’s watchable. Sort of.
1 ½ * of 5 (Hal liked the concept and gave it 3)